Monday, January 7, 2013

Book review: Your baby's first year

My mom gave me the book Your Baby's First Year, by the American Academy of Pediatrics a couple of months ago. So far I've found it to be invaluable as a reference book.

It has chapters on that very briefly detail pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding. It's kind of sketchy. But the bulk of the book covers health and developmental milestones in children from birth through a year old. It helps you kind of know what to expect as your baby grows. I like that because, although I've been around babies a lot growing up, every baby is different and I don't always remember everything that happened. It also details many basics in baby-care that are great for first-time moms like me!

It also addresses bonding with fathers, grandparents and siblings, as well as other family issues that might arise. Part two of the book covers diseases and ailments and what to do. It also has growth charts and CPR info in the back.

I definitely recommend this book for any mom, but especially first-time moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment