Saturday, December 15, 2012

3-grain cereal

So, I've discovered a new favorite hot cereal! My old favorite cereal was a 9-grain cereal that my mom got from Honeyville in Utah. But I can't get that very easily, and this 3-grain cereal I can make myself. It also tastes just as good, and I like the texture better. AND as an added bonus, it has millet, a lactogenic grain.

3-Grain Cereal


1 c. whole wheat kernels
1 c. millet
1 c. brown rice

Mix all three grains together and store in an airtight container. To prepare the cereal:

1/2 c. cereal
2 c. water
1/2 t. salt

Crack cereal in blender for 30-45 seconds. Boil water and salt, and add cereal, using whisk to stir it and prevent lumps from forming. Turn on low, cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with milk and honey or brown sugar.

Makes: 2 servings



No comments:

Post a Comment