Thursday, January 31, 2013

Book review: Naturally Healthy First Foods For Baby

This is another book that my mom lent me. I do recommend it because it is full of useful information, but I would like to note that the author seems overly cautious. This may be due to the fact that her children had allergies (she mentions her daughter had a nut allergy), so if your family has a history of severe allergies, her suggestions might be just perfect.

This book is great because she details all the nutrients that babies need and where you can get them naturally from food. The main focus of the book is how to make your own baby food from the most natural ingredients. But she does when and how to introduce new foods to your baby.

She has some great recipes for baby food, and there seems to be no end to her creativity. it's fun to read. I'm definitely going to use those recipes when I start Little Pink Girl on solids in a couple of months.

In the back is helpful chart of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients, and what foods are good sources of them.

Here is a link to the book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Naturally-Healthy-First-Foods-Baby/dp/1402211244

No comments:

Post a Comment