Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Barbecue bean pot

I tried this dish on Sunday, and Brian told me to chalk it up as a favorite. I thought it tasted pretty good, too. It's a good summer dish ... it's barbecue and it's a crock pot recipe. That way you don't heat up the house so much with cooking. It's a large recipe, though, and I halved it when I made it. It fed three of us with half the recipe.

Barbecue Bean Pot

1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. bacon, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/2 c. ketchup
1/2 c. barbecue sauce
4 T. mustard
4 T. molasses (or brown sugar)
1 t. chili powder
2 15-oz cans red kidney beans
2 15-oz cans pork and beans
2 15-oz cans navy or great northern beans

Brown the ground beef, bacon and onion together. Combine the remaining few ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on low for 4-5 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment