Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Mango-orange lassi

Ayurvedic lassis are so good and simple, and are very healthy. I found a recipe for one that was particularly for women's health in a yoga book. It had two mangos, 2 cups of plain yogurt, honey and 1/2 cup of water. I loved it! I thought it tasted like nectar. Unfortunately, my husband didn't agree. He thought it was too bland, and suggested that I put an orange in it. So I did. And it's still really good!

Mango-orange Lassi

2 mangos, peeled and sliced
1 orange, peeled and sectioned, OR
1/4 c. orange juice concentrate
2 c. plain yogurt or vanilla yogurt
1 t. vanilla (optional)

Put all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Note: Homemade plain yogurt is a lot sweeter than store-bought!

Makes: 3-4 servings



No comments:

Post a Comment