Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Best way to cook salmon

As I have mentioned before, I don't like fish very much. It's expensive, tastes strong and has a funny texture. But it happens to be a great health food and one of the best ways to get omega-3 fatty acids. It's an excellent source of protein.

So I'd been looking around for a fish recipe that I would actually like. I finally found one that I really loved a few months ago. I found the original recipe to the one below in American Baby or Babytalk or something like that. But this is my own version. I use almonds instead of cashews because they're more lactogenic and they're cheaper.

Nutty Salmon

2 T. almonds
1 T. parmesan cheese
2 t. fresh basil
1 t. olive oil or butter
1 4-oz salmon filet
pepper

In a blender, pulse the first four ingredients until finely ground. Place salmon, skin-side down on a baking sheet covered with foil (shiny side up). Rub with nut mixture to form a crust. Sprinkle with pepper. Seal with foil. Bake at 425 degrees F for 12 minutes. Unseal foil and bake 2-3 more minutes or until crust is browned and fish is cooked.

Makes: 1 serving

No comments:

Post a Comment