Monday, August 6, 2012

Cabbage n' onion burgers

I made one of my favorite recipes tonight. My roommates from a couple of years ago shared this recipe with me. I have really liked it ever since. It's a great way to extend hamburger, to use up cabbage, and to get some more veggies in your diet. It's really simple, and it tastes so good! I can't remember exactly how they taught it to me, but here is my version of it:

Cabbage n' Onion Burgers

1/2 lb. hamburger
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/4-1/3 of small head of cabbage, chopped small
salt and pepper
1 recipe of basic breadmaker rolls

Brown hamburger, onions and cabbage together. Salt and pepper to taste. Pinch off large balls (the size of large rolls) and flatten them. Put meat mixture in center of flattened dough and pinch ends together to form a roll. Put on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees.

Makes approx. 12 large rolls.


No comments:

Post a Comment