Friday, July 13, 2012

Be persistant and endure to the end

My mom sent me this quote by Harriet Beacher Stowe:

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you until it seems you cannot hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

I firmly believe that! I have found it to be true again and again in my life. But it is nice to be reminded of it once in a while. Here is a poem that I used to have on a bookmark that I used to read all the time when things got tough:

DON'T QUIT
 
Don't quit When the tide is lowest,
For its just about to turn.
Don't quit over doubts and questions,
For there is something you may learn.
 
Don't quit when the night is darkest,
For its just a while till dawn.
Don't quit when you have run the farthest,
For the race is almost won.
 
Don't quit when the hill is steepest,
For your goal is almost nigh.
Don't quit for you're not a failure
Until you fail to try.
 
~Jill Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment