Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Sunday citation

This is a quote by Elder Erastus Snow that I read while I was studying Joshua 24:

"It good and evil is placed before us, does not the person who chooses the good and refuses the evil exhibit his agency and manhood as much as the man who chooses the evil and refuses the good? or is the independence of manhood all on the side of the evil-doer? I leave you to answer this question in your own mind. To me, I think the angels and saints and all good people have exercised their agency by choosing the good and refusing the evil; and in doing so they not only exhibit their independence and manhood as much, but show a much higher disposition; and I leave the future to determine who are wise in the choice of their freedom and independence." (Journal of Discourses, 19:180-181.)

No comments:

Post a Comment