Monday, October 7, 2013

30 day song challenge: Day 5

I have to admit, I didn't listen to country until I was in college. I don't know if it was the bands my friends listened to, but I just didn't appreciate it much. I really preferred classical. But then some roommates and my brothers introduced me to Taylor Swift, Rascal Flatts, Jason Aldeen and others. I was hooked!

Although I don't listen to it a lot anymore now that I'm a mom (I just don't find it as interesting anymore), I do still like it. I love how it reminds me of a farm and country lifestyle. And I love it for memories it brings back.

One song in particular, "My Little Girl," has always reminded me of my dad. Although we're not really close, I have always known that he loved me. I always knew he thought I was beautiful and smart. We shared a love and interest in horses. And he has always encouraged me to take chances, to learn and to take on the world. I've always appreciated that. And Tim McGraw's voice somehow reminds me of my dad--a big, manly man. :)

So, here's to you, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment