Saturday, October 5, 2013

30 day song challenge: Day 4

When I was really young, I liked to listen to music and come up with stories about myself that fit the music. I didn't always understand the full import of the songs or stories behind them until I was older, but I based my stories on my own understanding. Some of my favorite soundtracks for dreaming up stories was the New Testament seminary sountrack, The Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables.

One song that always made me feel sad and dream up some really sad story was "On My Own." I don't remember the stories I came up with, but I do remember the sad, lonely, rather romantic feeling that I had. It was great for dreaming, but I couldn't listen too often without getting a little depressed.

Although it is a little depressing, it is beautiful and soulful. This is from the 10th anniversary concert, and it's actually the version that I grew up with, although I didn't realize it until tonight.

I hope you enjoy it too, and don't get too sad! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment