Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Rhubarb pie

A little while ago my mom sent me a bag of rhubarb. I love rhubarb, especially when it's in pie. When I was a teenager I found this recipe in some family cookbook that made the most stupendous rhubarb pie. I made it every year for my family. When I took it to a community potluck, it was a hit.

Later the cookbook was lost, and I didn't have the recipe anymore. But I really wanted to make it again this year. Then it dawned on me. Someone probably had a recipe just like it on the internet. You can find almost anything on the internet, right?

Well, the recipe I found at Let It Shine isn't exactly like the one from my family cookbook, but that was easily remedied by adding cinnamon and butter. Then I'm pretty sure it was identical!

Here it is oozing it's goodness all over ...

Rhubarb Pie

9" pie crust for a double crust pie
4 c. chopped rhubarb
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. flour
1-2 t. cinnamon
2 T. butter

Put the rhubarb in the bottom crust. Mix the sugar, flour and cinnamon together and sprinkle over rhubarb. Cut the butter into 4-6 bits and put in pie. Cover with top crust, seal, and cut vent holes. Then bake at 450 degrees F, then turn it down 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment