Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Recipes from other blogs that I've tried

These are some great recipes that I've tried in the last few months and that we've really liked:

Berry almond oatmeal smoothie
This was really tasty and healthy! I decided I liked it best with plain yogurt and a tablespoon of honey, instead of vanilla yogurt and maple syrup.

Apple spice steel-cut oatmeal
This recipe is great! I love the taste and texture. It reminds of rice pudding in a way. The only thing I do differently is to omit the applesauce, use honey instead of maple syrup, and double the cinnamon.

Cheesy bacon pull-aparts
I made these using homemade, whole wheat biscuit dough. They are a favorite with my husband! :)

Jack-o-lantern pumpkin pancakes
I really liked these. I found that you could make them using all wheat flour (no white), and omitting the wheat germ.

Crockpot oatmeal
This recipe makes a big batch, so I had to half it, and we still had leftovers. This is a great recipe for a family.

Apple celery salad
This another good recipe for a family. It makes a pretty big salad. I made the dressing without the Dijon mustard.

Crockpot lasagna
I used chicken instead of sausage and hamburger, and I used cottage cheese instead of ricotta. It was another hubby favorite, and it was very easy.

Crockpot tostadas
I've made these with and without the crockpot. They're super easy.

Reduced-fat mac
Easy and healthy!

Crockpot white chicken chili
I loved this easy dish. You use chicken thighs for the meat, which are super cheap to buy. I did omit the tabasco sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment