Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Tuna sandwich filling

Sometimes I get bored with plain old tuna sandwiches. I like to add lots and lots of veggies, onions, pickles, etc. So when I saw this recipe, I was pretty interested. I found this recipe in the Set for Life cookbook, and I modified it to meet my tastes. I also used plain yogurt instead of Miracle Whip or mayonnaise. This is the first time I've tried using yogurt for something like this. It tastes great! I don't like Miracle Whip, and mayonnaise can be so fattening, so it's nice to have found a good alternative.

I ate this sandwich filling in some of my whole wheat homemade pita bread. It was so good! :)


Tuna Sandwich Filling

1 5-oz can tuna
2 c. lettuce, chopped
1-2 stalks of celery, chopped fine
1 tomato, diced
2 dill pickle spears, diced
1/4-1/3 c. nonfat yogurt

Mix ingredients together and serve on whole wheat bread, tortillas or pitas. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment