Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pictures of my garden

I love growing a garden, and some of my plants are starting to pay me back for my hard work! Here is my Mother's Day geranium that Brian gave me while we were engaged:




It's huge now! I transplanted it into a bigger pot this spring, and sadly, had to trim it back so it would transplant well. But it's blooming again now, and taking over my kitchen window!

Here are pictures of my tomato plants:



I tried to take the picture so you see as many of the tomato clusters as possible. It's a variety called Manitoba, and so far, I really like it. There are two plants in the picture, and I have them in this ginormous pot that Brian brought me.

Here is some lettuce and spinach that I harvested this morning:



It's going to make a tasty salad later today.

And my beans and peas are blooming and almost ready to produce!





Finally, here is a picture of a whole bunch of fresh cilantro that I harvested this morning, too:



My cilantro plants are doing so well. I wish my basil plants were doing as well! I'm going to freeze most of the cilantro for use later.

Does anyone have good recipes that use fresh cilantro besides salsa? If so, please fell free to comment and post them here, or somehow get them to me. I really need some help with that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment