Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pregnancy book recommendation

My sister-in-law lent me a book a couple of months ago called Your Pregnancy and Birth. It is such a good book! I think there is  a fifth edition out, but I thoroughly enjoyed the fourth edition. I've read it all the way through.

It tells you in great detail exactly what to expect when you go visit the doctor, and why they do what they do. It has a couple of chapters on special care and problems that could occur. It also has some chapters on being healthy while pregnant. A lot of that is common sense, but I think it had some helpful suggestions on exercise. There are some great exercises for your back, abdomen, hips and thighs in case you have back pain (which was a concern for me).

I think it tastefully covered delivery and let you know all your options and why the doctor does certain things. The postpartum section of the books is really good too. It has good information on basic baby care and breastfeeding, as well as exercises and things you can do for yourself. Following that, there is a section about keeping healthy so you can take care of your family and prepare to have the next child.

I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who was looking for a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment