Sunday, October 13, 2013

A Sunday citation

I found this great quote in Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Lorenzo Snow:

"When one brother is not willing to suffer for his brother, how is it in his power to manifest that he has love for his brother? I tell you it is in our folly and weakness that we will not bear with our brethren, but if they trespass upon our rights we immediately retaliate, and if they tread upon our toes we immediately jump upon theirs ... When I see a brother that has been trespassed against, and then he turns round and jumps upon the offender, then I say how far is that brother from the path of duty, and I say to him you must learn to govern yourself or you will never be saved in the kingdom of God.

"I will read some paragraphs from the Book of Doctrine and Covenants:

"'My disciples, in days of old, sought occasion against on another, and forgave not one another in their hearts, and for this evil they were afflicted, and sorely chastened;

"Wherefore I say unto you, that ye ought to forgive one another, for he that forgiveth not his brother his trespasses, standeth condemned before the Lord, for there remaineth in him the greater sin (D&C 64:8-9).'"

No comments:

Post a Comment